The Nature Sanctuary Society is a registered non-profit charity organization that fosters understanding and appreciation of nature through direct experience. For 45 years the sanctuary lands have provided a home to an incredible array of native plants and animals, and educational experiences for millions of people to forge deeper connections to nature.
As a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, you will be a first point of contact for the Society. The Receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome Members, Donors and Visitors and greet people who visit the Nature Sanctuary. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
To be successful in this customer service role, you should have a pleasant personality. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multi-tasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus.
Ultimately, the Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant interacts with all Nature Sanctuary personnel, both paid and volunteer as well as the public and performs related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
We are currently working under the Office of the Provincial Health Officer and WorkSafe BC’s best COVID-19 safety practices.
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, November 15th at 11:59pm.
Job title: Administrative Assistant and Receptionist
Work Week: Flexible 20 h / week during the Nature House hours Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 3:00pm with a half hour unpaid lunch break.
- Member/Donor/Customer focus welcoming visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions
- Processes purchases, donations and memberships through till
- Prepares open and close procedures for the Nature House and Gift Shop
- Updates contact lists, telephone and alarm systems for Nature House phone and its console operation
- Updates social media channels
- Maintains safe and clean reception area, gift shop area and main Nature House area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Prepares the weekly bank deposit and cash management
- Assists with merchandising of product throughout the gift shop
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Receives shipments
- Assists with COVID-19 protocols and enhanced cleaning
- Enters member and donor data
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Proven work experience as a Sales Associate in a retail environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. photocopiers machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Telephone Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Social Media Expertise
- Cash Management
- Retail Data Entry
- Customer Focus
- Informing Others
- Handle Pressure
- Supply Management
Please ensure that your application explicitly addresses the skills listed above.
Visit our website at https://www.swanlake.bc.ca/ and social media channels for more information about the Nature Sanctuary.
The Nature Sanctuary Society is committed to building a diverse staff and will be hiring through an equity lens.
We are grateful to all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your application materials (cover letter, resume, and the names of three references) as a single pdf with your last name in the filename and use the subject line: “Administrative Assistant and Receptionist” addressed to Dr. Cara Gibson, Executive Director at cgibson [@] swanlake. bc.ca by Sunday November 15th at 11:59pm.