Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary Society is grateful for any financial support provided through a Planned Gift.
Planned or legacy giving is a way to make a charitable gift to a charity or non-profit organization in your last Will and testament. This could be a legacy gift in your Will (or a charitable bequest) or a percentage of your assets. It could also include naming a charity of choice as an inheritor.
Legacy gifts ensure that this special place and sanctity of the Nature Sanctuary will endure and grow long into the future. Donors receive substantial tax benefits and there are many opportunities to be able to tailor to each donor’s particular interests.
Planned Gifts may take many different forms:
- A bequest in your will
- Life insurance with the society named as the beneficiary
- Publicly traded securities and stocks
- An annual pledge to donate
You pledge now:
- The Society receives the gift at a future date
- This allows you to satisfy your philanthropic desires
- Maximizes personal financial benefits, and can save your estate taxes.
Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary Society is a registered charity, #11920 7157 RR0001.
The Will Power Campaign
Beginning in September 2023, Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary has partnered with Will Power (URL embedded) to continue building upon the trend of "ethical wills" that has surged in the past three years. Together we will empower people to use the power of their wills to make a big difference in urban nature conservation.
- It is preferable to have independent financial advice when planning a substantial gift. There may be tax or other implications.
- Explore the resources that the Will Power campaign (URL embedded) has created
- If you would like to discuss Planned Giving please contact the Executive Director at 250-479-0211
Ready to get started? Take Will Power's Legacy Calculator Quiz (URL embedded)!