The Nature Sanctuary's Response to COVID-19
Dear Members, Visitors and Friends of Swan Lake Christmas Hill Sanctuary Society,
We have implemented COVID-19 protocols following Worksafe BC recommendations and guidelines. The Nature House has controls on the number of people allowed in the building at one time with posted limits in each public space. Enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols are in effect and staff are monitoring all areas open to the public. Trails are open and we are taking the utmost precaution to safeguard the community.
We urge you to heed the orders and advice of Dr. Bonnie Henry, the Province of BC’s Public Health Officer. We encourage you to learn more using the information available through the Province of BC’s Public Health Services website ask you to please continue checking this page, emails from the Society and our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) where the Society will provide you with our latest updates.
The following COVID-19 related rules are in effect at the Nature Sanctuary:
- Do not visit the Nature Sanctuary if you are sick.
- The Nature House is open.
- Please respect our staff if they make requests that you honour other visitors' safety.
All typical Nature Sanctuary rules remain in effect.
- Trails are open to foot traffic only. Cycling is not permitted on Nature Sanctuary trails.
- Jogging is not permitted on the Boardwalk. Please use the jogging route.
- No littering. Pack out what you bring in.
- No Smoking as per CRD Clean Air Bylaw No. 3962
- Dogs are not permitted on the Nature Sanctuary grounds as per Saanich Bylaw No.8556
- Fishing and hunting are not permitted.
- Do NOT park on the neighbourhood side streets.
Thank you for your support of the Nature Sanctuary and for respecting all of the rules.
We are all in this together!
The Board and Staff
Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary