The Nature Sanctuary's Response to COVID-19
Dear Members, Visitors and Friends of Swan Lake Christmas Hill Sanctuary Society;
The Nature House is open with a limited schedule (M-F 9am - 3pm). We have implemented COVID-19 protocols following Worksafe BC recommendations and guidelines. The Nature House has controls on the number of people allowed in the building at one time with posted limits in each public space. Enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols are in effect and staff are monitoring all areas open to the public. Trails are open and we are taking the utmost precaution to safeguard the community.
We urge you, to heed the orders and advice of Dr. Bonnie Henry, the Province of BC’s Public Health Officer. We encourage you to learn more using the information available through the Province of BC’s Public Health Services website ask you to please continue checking this page, emails from the Society and our social media channels of (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) where the Society will provide you the latest updates.
The following COVID-19 related rules are in effect at the Nature Sanctuary:
- Do not visit the Nature Sanctuary if you are sick.
- The Nature House is open on a limited schedule with full social distancing and enhanced cleaning/sanitizing protocols in effect. There are limited numbers allowed in the Nature House at any one time. Please respect our staff if they request that you wait for entry to the Nature House.
All typical Nature Sanctuary rules remain in effect.
- Trails are open to foot traffic only.
- Cycling is not permitted on Nature Sanctuary trails.
- Jogging is not permitted on the Boardwalk, please use the jogging route.
- No littering, pack out what you bring in.
- No Smoking as per CRD Clean Air Bylaw No. 3962
- Dogs are not permitted on the Nature Sanctuary grounds as per Saanich Bylaw No.8556
- Fishing and hunting is not permitted.
- Finally, please be respectful of the Sanctuary’s neighbours. Do NOT park on the neighbourhood side streets.
Thank you for your support of the Sanctuary and for respecting all of the rules.
We are all in this together!
The Board and Staff
Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary